VOTING & CIVIC ENGAGEMENT? ...THERE'S AN APP FOR THAT
Every election presents the
same question to voters...
“Who do I vote for?”
Like most things, there’s an app for that.
1myVote is a free, non-partisan voter app with candidate information for President, Senator, & Governor races. In Wisconsin, State & local races are also included.
The creators of 1myVote app,
want you to be able to say:
“My Vote Matters.”
Know your candidates.
We at the Natural Family Expo like what this app is all about - providing information about elections and candidates.
We want to help reinforce that voting is an important right and responsibility!
That's why we're hosting our own "ELECTIONS" on March 12 at the Natural Family Expo !
on march 12, Vote in our
Zoozort Animal Election!
...and Vote for the expo's
Non-Profit exhibitor of 2017!
Aldo Leopold Nature Center
La Leche League Madison Chapter
Scroll down to learn more about some really cool animals and local organizations!
which zoozort animal is your favorite?
Stop by the Zoozort Live Animal Program exhibit at the Natural Family Expo to visit these guys. Then place your vote with the 1myVote app!
Stay tuned to our Facebook Event to view the winner's "acceptance speech." :-)
3 facts about zelda:
- Striped skunks are native to North America and live in Wisconsin.
- In the wild, skunks use a stinky spray to scare away predators.
- Skunks are crepuscular, which means they usually come out at dusk and dawn.
3 facts about montgomery:
- Burmese Pythons are green, brown, and black. Montgomery is an albino, that’s why he is yellow.
- Pythons find prey by tasting, or smelling, the air with their tongue.
- Pythons aren’t venomous; they kill their prey by constriction (squeezing it).
3 facts about mimi:
- Armadillos can dig holes very fast to escape predators.
- An Armadillo's back and head have a protective hard shell made of the same material as your fingernails.
- Armadillos are good swimmers, and can hold their breath under water for 4 to 6 minutes.
vote for natural family expo's non-profit of the year!
winner receives a donation from the expo
3 FACTS ABOUT ALNC:
- The Aldo Leopold Nature Center (ALNC) was established in 1994 to provide hands-on programs which “…teach the student to see the land, to understand what he sees, and enjoy what he understands” in the spirit of Aldo Leopold.
- ALNC offers visitors to its Monona and Black Earth campuses the opportunity to connect with nature and teach them to appreciate the interconnectedness of all living things.
- ALNC offers Adult & Teacher Workshops, School Field Trips, After-School Programs, Scout Programs, Presentations, Special Events, Summer Nature Camps, and more!
3 facts about REACH-A-CHILD:
- REACH partners with local First Responders to supply each vehicle with children’s books and drawstring backpacks — which First Responders keep in their vehicles to bring out when they encounter children-in-crisis.
- Neuroscience Research reports that the brain can only concentrate on one thing at a time. By giving a child a book, their attention turns away from the crisis to the person with the book!
- Marquette University study shows that this program can reduce the impact of PTSD in children in these instances.
3 FACTS ABOUT LA LECHE LEAGUE:
- La Leche League (LLL) was founded in 1956 by seven women who wanted to make breastfeeding easier and more rewarding for both mother and child. LLL is celebrating 60 years in 2017!
- La Leche League is active in 60 countries, reaching more than 100,000 mothers monthly.
La Leche League Madison Chapter offers breastfeeding support and information through: monthly discussion groups, help from experienced LLL Leaders, information sheets & pamplets, books, and web help.